Dreams

Dreams. A six letter word. Four consonants and two vowels. A normal word. Insignificant. Ordinary. And then you dwell on its meaning. There's a world in those six letters. Your world. Or rather the world you'd like to have. And then another world, for another person. And so on for every person.
I wonder how this six letter word that seemed so insignificant and ordinary in spelling and pronounciation could hold so much of importance, so much of weight, something that has the power to guide anyone's life--alone and fearless. Its beauty lies in its modesty. Behind that sweetness and simplicity, is a guiding light, a light that dispels darkness and a light that ensures hopefullness, a light that helps garner confidence and a light that sticks a smile to your face.
For as long as I can remember, my guiding hands, namely my parents, teachers etc have put forth before me the importance of simplicity and the beauty of modesty. But, today, I've found myself a role model. Yes, indeed, a six letter word it is. It guides me, motivates me and teaches me a lesson everytime I think of my dreams.
I wonder, at the beauty of nature, and then at the beauty of the human mind that came up with this word and then the utter coincidence that assigned a beautifully extraordinary meaning to this ordinary word.

Comments

  1. N i wonder if everyone wud thnk like u n found a role model as yourss... No one can be left unsuccessful in dis world... Well said ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What I hope for, is that people find role models who have/which has the same effect on them as mine has on me. :')

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

To seek or not to seek

Till the end of time

Reminiscences